Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Peek-a-boo Butterflies Card

Hello!

Hope your day is starting off well! We are still in vacation mode here- I love having the girls home from school and we've been pretty lazy so far this week! I don't have much planned except for some play time with thier friends. It's been so nice and very relaxing!

I took some time to craft yesterday and was inspired by Lifestyle Crafts I Made This contest. I would LOVE to win that grand prize- could you imagine?? How fun!

I used my Tag It Kit die set to create this card with pretty peek-a-boo butterflies:


Goodies:

Stamps: A Note of Thanks set by Stampin' Up!
Dies: Tag It Kit set by Lifestyle Crafts
Paper: cardstock by Bazzill and Stampin' Up!
Ink: Black Versafine ink
Rhinestones: Basic Rhinestones by Stampin' Up! colored with Copic marker

I die cut the butterflies first and then added the colored cardstock behind it. I love how the colors peek out from behind the butterflies. I also like the 3-d effect the butterflies give.

I am hoping to make a few more cards using my dies- you can enter the contest by uploading up to 20 projects into thier community gallery. There are lots of great projects up there already, too!

Well, hope you are enjoying the last week of the year! Thanks for stopping by to take a peek today!

-tessa

2 comments:

Julie Marshall said...

Love this! What a great idea to put the cardstock behind the dies. So clever.

Analuz said...

great idea!!!

 
site design by designer blogs