Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Watercolored Trio

Hello There!  I hope you are enjoying your day!  We had a three day weekend so I'm just trying to get back on track today!  I have a few errands to run and then I'm going to get started on painting my dining room!  I've been putting it off for a few weeks now so it's time...

Today I have a trio of cards to share with you.  These three only took about 30 minutes to put together!  Here they are:


I used the new Feeling Sentimental set by Stampin' Up!.  It's a freebie with Sale-a-bration this year and I loved the look of it!.  I paired it with the chevron oval from the Oh, Hello! set and some sentiments from other sets.  I was going for a messy look with the watercoloring and ink spatter- maybe that's why it only took 30 minutes to create them all! :)


Here is the telephone- my favorite in the bunch!  The spatter was done with my Warm Calico Mister Huey- I seem to reach for that one more than any other!


Here is the ferris wheel- I think this one was the funnest to watercolor!  When I watercolor, I use the residual ink that builds up on my ink pad lids and an aqua painter.  It is the easiest for me and there is no clean up!


And, last but not least, here is the bike- I feel like the twine is a little light for this card but it is the darkest red I own.  I'll have to add a nice, dark red twine to my shopping list!


I love how this little trio came together!  I had fun watercoloring and making it messy on purpose!  I'll have to do it again soon!

I hope you enjoy the rest of your day!  I'll let you know how the dining room turns out! :)

-tessa

5 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

30 minutes?! I'm totally impressed, they definitely look like they tool longer than that. I love the watercoloring!

Dana Tatar said...

Fabulous cards! Thanks for the inspiration!

Queen Mavreen said...

Gorgeous cards! I'll be CASEing those for sure! Love that set.

Kelly Griglione said...

So in love with these ... the spatters, the text, the chevrons, the whole nine yards!

Julie Marshall said...

Great design! Love how you used these stamps.

 
site design by designer blogs