Friday, May 8, 2015

Love You Mush!

This week's Lawnscaping Challenge is to use watercolor :)  It's one of my favorites so I thought I'd play along using the adorable Gleeful Garden set:


I started with a panel of watercolor paper and used a sponge to add some light green and blue inks to the background.  I splattered it with watercolor and used a paper towel to soak it up.  Next I stamped out the grasses and the snail.  I painted over the inside of the images with water and soaked it up too!  This erased the background color so I was able to use lighter colors without having the green mixed in to the little snail.

I stamped the mushrooms onto a scrap of watercolor paper and cut them out.  I watercolored them in and when they were dry, I added them to the panel with foam adhesive.  I added the sentiment, a strip of patterned paper by Bella Blvd. and some twine to the panel.  Then I added it to a blue card front using foam adhesive for dimension.


This stamp set is so cute!!  I'm glad I finally got to pull it out to play!

Here is the challenge graphic- if you have time, you should play along, too! :)


Thanks for popping by today!  Hope you have a great weekend!
post signature

3 comments:

Christiana said...

This is so gorgeous! I absolutely LOVE the pale background against those vibrant red mushrooms. And the brown snail shell gives it the grounding that it needs. Perfection! Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

Samantha Casey said...

Amazing card! I love the sweet little scene you made! Thanks for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge!
-Samantha

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

What a beautiful and super sweet take on our challenge!LOOOVE your soft wc bg! Thanks so much for playing with Lawnscaping! Hugs, Karin

 
site design by designer blogs