Monday, April 20, 2009

Friendly Bird Card

I'm so glad that the WICKED SU! demo challenges on Splitcoast Stampers last an entire month! The card that I am sharing with you was actually started last week and I finally finished it up this morning! Funny how that happens sometimes, right? There are usually 3 WICKED challenges a month- a sketch, a color challenge, and a technique challenge. The challenge is to only use current Stampin' Up! products to create your cards. This card was inspired by the color challenge: to use Mellow Moss, Chocolate Chip, and Very Vanilla together on a card. Here is what I came up with:



Goodies:
All products by Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Friends 24-7 set, Fresh Cuts set, En Francais background
Ink: Chocolate Chip and Mellow Moss classic inks
Paper: Mellow Moss, Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip cardstock; Bella Rose DSP
Accessories: Very Vanilla wide grosgrain ribbon, Scallop Edge punch, Halfback Pearls from the Pretties kit; White Signo Gel pen, paper piercer, Sponges, Dimensionals, Blender pen

I lightly stamped the En Francais background onto the card base. Then, I used sponges to add Mellow Moss ink to the edges. I pierced holes around the outside and added faux stitching with the Signo gel pen. Next, I added my patterned paper, tearing one edge. I added a torn strip of Mellow Moss cardstock and a punched Chocolate Chip strip to the card base. I then added my ribbon. For the main image, I stamped the background using Mellow Moss ink on to Very Vanilla cardstock and inked around the edges using a sponge. I stamped the bird with Chocolate Chip ink onto Mellow Moss cardstock and cut him out. I then stamped the same image onto Very Vanilla cardstock and added a little color in the branch using residual ink and a blender pen. I cut the branch out and stuck it to my main image. Then, I added the bird, using Dimensionals to pop him up. I matted the whole thing in Chocolate Chip cardstock and adhered it to my card base. Next, I stamped my sentiment over the damask design on Very Vanilla cardstock and added Mellow Moss ink around the edges with a sponge. I also matted this in Chocolate Chip cardstock and adhered it to the card base with Dimensionals. Last, I added the halfback pearls in the corners of my main image. It just needed a little extra detail!

It is a rainy day here and I'm happy to be stuck inside! I have lots of ideas for cards in my head today and hopefully I can get some out on paper before they disappear! Hee!

Hope you all are enjoying your day!

-tessa

11 comments:

newenglandstamper said...

This is REALLY beautiful - I love everything about it!!

Nancy Riley said...

GORGEOUS!!!!

Jazy Girl said...

Beautiful! I love how "calming" it is...wonderful detail!

Jess Lundahl said...

Your card is wonderful. I love way you did the bird and the branch. Great job!

June Annand said...

Gorgeous colors on this card! I love the faux stitches and pearls in the corners. Super job with the little details... it's beautiful!

Jaimie said...

Beautiful!! I love it!

RoseOhio said...

Your card is beautiful Tessa! I love all the detail!

Rose

Jamie Hurley said...

This set is on my list, I know I should get it now. You did a fantastic job!~

Comeka said...

Beautiful! TFS!

Lisa said...

Love it!

Anonymous said...

Hello
http://www.thecenterforenergyhealing.com/ - adipex diet
Therefore, Adipex must not be taken before going to bed.
[url=http://www.thecenterforenergyhealing.com/]cheap adipex[/url]
The best time to take this pill is in the morning after breakfast.
buy cheap adipex
Youths and children are known to manifest hyperactivity when taking Adipex and can actually alter sleeping patterns.

 
site design by designer blogs