Monday, April 6, 2009

Glittery Green Rubber Boots Card

Hi! I thought I'd post a card this afternoon so I could play along with Kristina Werner's latest color challenge! The colors she chose are some of my favorites! Here is her inspiration for us:



And, here is what I made:



Goodies:
All products by Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Scene From a Garden set
Ink: Chocolate Chip Classic Ink; Jet Black Staz On
Paper: Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, and Confetti White cardstock
Accessories: Kiwi Kiss striped grosgrain ribbon, Dazzling Diamonds, Crystal Effects, Aqua Painter, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Dimensionals

I love seeing these rubber boots all lined up! I thought it would be fun to create a card with fun funky boots that stood out among the rest... and, I thought the sentiment stamp worked perfectly!

I stamped the boots first, using my Stamp-a-ma-jig to create a straight line. Next, I watercolored them all using residual ink from my Chocolate Chip ink pad. Then, I stamped a pair of boots on to Kiwi Kiss cardstock and added Crystal Effects for gloss, and Dazzling Diamonds for glitter! When it dried, I added it to my card front, using dimensionals so they really stand out. I stamped my sentiment and added ribbon and there you go! Quick and cute!

Anyways, hope you are all having a lovely day! Hee!

-tessa

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely adorable! I love that boot stamp!! You did a great job on this card!

Debbie said...

What a great way to use the boot stamp!!!!

Beth said...

This card is so fun-I couldn't help but smile. Love the highlighted set of boots and that greeting is just a riot!

for2nately said...

so cute!! thanks for sharing!
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Andrea said...

A good pair of boots will make you stand out! I LOVE it! Can you teach this at a class????

Unknown said...

This is absolutely darling! I love the boots lined up like that and the sentiment is funny, but oh-so-true!!! Fantastic job with this color challenge - I really like this color combo!

Rose said...

Adorable card Tessa!

Rose

Krissie said...

great repetition and the sparkly boots jump out great! This is a simple but fabulous card :)

{PurpleD} said...

Ha ha, awesome card and sentiment!! :-)

Love the boots!

Amy Reimer said...

I've always loved that sentiment. Your glittery green goodness is adorable!

Jamie Hurley said...

I didn't care for this stamp set, but those boots are so adorable! Love it!

Winter said...

Cute! Love the green boots!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

I adore your glittery boots. Too much fun.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Kari said...

Fun card! What a great way to use the boots!!! Love it!

Jenn said...

Adorable card!!

Comeka said...

I LOVE the glittery boots! I've been meaning to do this color challenge because that little boy is my friend's son. You are giving me more inspiration - Thanks!

Jaimie said...

I love this card! Pink and green are one of my favorite color combos! Simple & beautiful. :)

Anonymous said...

This card is so simple and yet eyecatching! Great idea to use the Crystal Effects and glitter to make the boots stand out! I think it reminds us all of our childhoods!

 
site design by designer blogs