Friday, September 9, 2011

Soft Suede Christmas Card

Happy Friday!

Well, we have another 3 day weekend here- kids are home from school because of flooding! The rain has been non stop and doesn't look like it's planning to let up any time soon... I guess that means lots of arts and crafts for me and the girls!

I know we still have a ways to go until Christmas but I thought I'd post this card anyways. It was my favorite from my Christmas in July card class I held a few months ago. The design was inspired by Angie Tieman's card... cute, right?

Here it is:


Goodies:
All products by Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Greeting Card Kids, Season of Friendship, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Soft Suede, Crumb Cake classic inks; Whisper White craft ink; Jet Black Staz On
Paper: Soft Suede, Crumb Cake cardstock; Vellum cardstock (the heavier one)
Accessories: Aqua Painter, Vanilla Smooch Spritz, Top Note die, Northern Flurry embossing folder, Crumb Cake seam binding, Linen Thread

I die cut the vellum with my Top Note die and then embossed it with the Northern Flurry folder. It tore a little bit but since my card has a vintage feel, I think it looks OK. For the main image, I stamped the girl first. Then I added the snowflakes and watercolored the snow at the bottom. I colored the girl in using Soft Suede to create some shadows. Last, I added the sentiment and inked around all the edges with my Crumb Cake ink. I built my card and spritzed everything with a heavy bit of Vanilla Smooch for a nice, glittery effect. The wrinkles in the seam binding are also easy to create- just tie your knot and then spritz some smooch or water in to your palm. work the ribbon ends around with your wet hand until they are saturated. Then pinch them up real good and they crinkle! Fun, right?

OK! There is my little share of the day... Now I'm off to build forts, practice my perler beading skills, and read books till the cows come home! Hope you have a great weekend!

-tessa
 
site design by designer blogs