Sunday, June 2, 2013

A Spooky Layout with Inspired Blueprints

Hello!  I don't usually post on weekends but I see that the latest Inspired Blueprints sketch is live!  Sketch #96 was so fun and I really enjoyed working with it!  I chose to scrap a photo from last Halloween of Natalie in her costume- I know!  A little out of season! Hee!  Here is my layout:


Natalie loved her costume last year! She knew exactly what she wanted to be- a Halloween Butterfly Fairy! :) We made the ruffly tutu and found the wings at a second hand store. I painted her face and added a little color to her hair to finish off the look. She must have felt like a real fairy because she flitted all over the place that day! What fun memories!


I have a few bits and pieces of Halloween supplies in my stash from the last few years of teaching classes at Scrapdoodles. I think the orange is from Teresa Collins Designs and the starry black background is from October Afternoon. The silver glitter paper and newsprint is by Stampin' Up! The jewels are by Prima and the medallions are by Jolee's Boutique. October Afternoon also made the label sticker and black washi tape. I cut the title out with my Cameo.


To create the cloudy look to the background, I sponged some white pigment ink around and rubbed it in good. I was really going a dirty chalkboard look but with all the stars in the background, it turned into clouds instead! :)

The team really did great with this sketch! Be sure to pop over to the Inspired Blueprints blog and check out their work along with the original sketch! Don't forget to add your take on the sketch to their online gallery as well!

Hope you are having a great weekend!

-tessa

2 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

I am so impressed with the costume....I need to enlist some assistance in our ghetto costumes! Love the chalkboard effect to the background too!

Elizabeth Price said...

Fabulous photo of your daughter and her costume is gorgeous. Great page, thanks for posting it with all of us. Smiles, Elizabeth

 
site design by designer blogs