Tuesday, June 11, 2013

DC Tourist Layout

Living in the DC metro area, we head up to the city quite often to check out the sites!   I have my favorite places I like to take people and there are also so many places I still want to visit.  For this layout, I used pictures from last summer when I took my inlaws and nephews to check out a few places.  We went to the National Archives to see the Declaration of Independence and to the Old Post Office.  The Post Office is one of my favorites because you can go up to the top of the tower- there is a great view of the monuments and National Capitol building.


I used the He Said She Said line by Teresa Collins Designs for this layout.  The colors were perfect for the gray and blues in the photos.


I love this fun paper garland!  It is such a great embellishment and it's pre-sewn so you don't have to worry about doing it yourself- lol!  I am not such a hot sewer!  Below, you can see I used it with a pretty doily and decorative brad and a couple of those fun epoxy dots, too!


This layout was inspired by a sketch from the 28 Days of Sketches- Round 2 Class I took in May.  I kept my design pretty clean and simple but still used lots of patterns- I don't think I can help it!  Hee!

Well, hope you enjoy your day!

1 comment:

Miriam Prantner said...

Great layout Tessa! Love that sweet little banner at the top. We are right here and we never go downtown...really need to start!

 
site design by designer blogs