Friday, November 21, 2014

A Crabby Christmas Card for the Inky Paws Challenge

Hi!  Happy Friday!  I’ve just packed all my crafty goodies up and am heading down to Richmond for a scrappy retreat with Doodle Crew Retreats!!  I’m so excited!  I look forward to these retreats all year and this time I really feel like I deserve a weekend away. Lol!  These last couple months have had me going in overtime!

Today I’m playing along with this month’s Inky PawsChallenge!  I chose one of my favorite stamp sets from last year- SEA-sons Greetings:


I just love that little crab!  I stamped the Joy and the crab onto watercolor paper and  diecut it into the banner shape.  I also stamped the crab again so that I could paper piece him over later.  I colored them with the residual inks from my ink pads and a water brush.  When the crab was dry, I cut around him carefully and added him on top of the other one.


The papers are from the Echo Park Christmas Cheer 6x6 paper pad.  I cut them into banner shapes to go along with the diecut banner.  I also added a bit of twine for embellishment.


I hope you have a chance to play along with us this month!  Don’t forget to pop over to the Newton’s Nook Designs Blog to see what the rest of the team has made!


post signature

3 comments:

Shelly said...

Too cute!!!

Miriam Prantner said...

He's really cute! I love the soft coloring and your paper choices!

Jennifer Jackson said...

Love this cutie crab card! The little bubble details and extra dots on him really finish it off!

 
site design by designer blogs