Thursday, March 5, 2015

A Chalkboard Card Set for SRM

I am up on the SRM Blog today with a fun project inspired by the new Chalkboard Markers!  I made a card set and a cute box to give them in:


Here are the cards- I created them using a simple chalkboard stamping technique:


I started by creating four different colored card bases.  I embossed two with embossing folders.  Next, I diecut some journaling cards out of the black polka-dot patterned paper.  I pulled out a white ink pad and a sponge next and swiped the edges and parts of the fronts with the ink.  I splattered each card with white mist and let them dry. 


I used the adorable Little Miss Mia Stamp Set for this set of cards.  Aren't they fun!  I chose one image for each card and stamped them using white pigment ink.  It really does look like a chalkboard!


The sentiments are from the We've Got Your Sticker- Hello Sticker Sheet. I chose the white ones because they look just like chalk on top of the black paper!


Once my images were stamped, I finished building the cards.  I added a bit of patterned paper from Simple Stories I Am 6x6 pad to each one along with some fun Baker's Twine.  These were so quick and fun to make!!



The box had to be just as cute as the cards, right?  Here is a closer look:


I painted it using the Easy Chalkboard Marker in a swiping motion for a messy edged look.  It worked really well, even on the shiny surface of the box.  Once it was dry, I added a bit of washi tape and patterned paper.  I wrapped it with a bit of Buttercream Baker's Twine and finished it with a bow.  Lastly, I pulled out the fine tipped Bistro Chalk Markers I drew some little doodles and a note:)  I love that you can write anything over the chalkboard surface!

Pop over to the SRM Store to see their fun new Chalkboard products!
post signature

No comments:

 
site design by designer blogs