Thursday, March 12, 2015

Sunshine and Rain Card

Hello!  

How's your day going so far?  Mine is good- and it's Thursday!  The weekend is sooo close! :)  Today I'm sharing a card I made with Waffle Flower Craft's Rain Check Stamp Set.  I was inspired by the latest Waffle Flower Challenge- the colors are so pretty and spring like!


I stamped the rays from the Rain Check Stamp Set onto the purple cardstock with Versamark ink.  Then I splattered it with white mist and set it aside to dry.  I diecut a bit of vellum with the largest circle from Flowers Circle Die Set.  I stamped a few clouds with turquoise ink and diecut them out using the Partly Cloudy Die Set.  I also cut a bit of rainbow striped patterned paper to go along with everything else.


Once the mist was dry, I adhered the purple paper onto the gray cardstock base.  I added the strip of rainbow patterned paper and then stamped my sentiment just below it with black ink.  I added my vellum circle next, tucking a bit of gray string underneath it with the adhesive.  I layered the clouds next, using foam adhesive on the top on to make it pop.  I finished it all off with a few epoxy dots to bring in a bit of green.

The colors are not ones I usually reach for but I do love how it turned out!  Here is the Waffle Flower Challenge inspirational photo- there is still plenty of time to play along!!


Thanks for stopping by here today!  I hope you are enjoying your Thursday as much as I am! :)
post signature

2 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

Love the rays and the vellum circle!

Jingle said...

This is SO super cute! I love it!

 
site design by designer blogs