Thursday, August 12, 2010

A Recycled Cereal Box

Who knew an old cereal box could turn into something so cute! Hee! I created this magazine holder with a recycled cereal box for my last 3-d project for the Artisan Awards contest. Here it is:





Goodies:
All products by Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Fifth Avenue Floral, Vintage Vogue, Always, Hope Happens
Ink: Versamark; Soft Suede, Rich Razzleberry, Pale Plum classic ink
Paper: Crumb Cake, Old Olive, Whisper White cardstock; Rich Razzleberry textured cardstock
Accessories: Soft Suede polka-dot grosgrain ribbon, Scallop Edge punch, Clear circle rhinestones, Hemp Twine, Circle Punch, Dimensionals

It's pretty easy to make at home- I just used a marker and a ruler to draw the lines where I wanted to cut the box and then cut it out. Then, just decorate and you've got a fun, cute place to put all your Stampin' Success magazines! I think I might make another one of these for my studio area... I did a lot of hand cutting for the front of the box. I wanted to add a pretty detail that framed the quote. I love how pretty the branch flowers from the Always set turned out.

Don't forget to checkout the other Artisan Award winner's blogs! We've got a few more days on our blog hop!

Heather Van Duker
Elizabeth Price
Renee Ballard
Angela Timms
Jodie Olver
Becky Cowley
Andrea Munro
Richard Garay
Tessa Wise (you are here)

Thanks for stopping by today!

-tessa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

very cute i like that can u tell me how u did it?
www.melissastampingvoila.blogspot.com

Anita said...

Tessa that looks really cool! I love it!

Mary Jo Albright said...

Congratulations on winning the artisan award!
Your entries are amazing!

 
site design by designer blogs