Thursday, August 5, 2010

Spring Birds Banner

Hello!

Today I thought I'd share one of my 3-d items from the Artisan Awards... I think it was my best project. It turned out just as I was hoping. But before I show you it, I have to brag a little... I'm vacationing on the coast in Washington State and I know a few of you will be jealous... I'm heading to Forks tomorrow! Hee! I know... dork! I'm so team Edward! My mom and I are taking the long way home just so we can get a peak at Forks high school and Bella's house. We are hoping to see just a few crazy fans who visit dressed up in thier vampire finest. Hee! OK... here is my banner:



And some closer shots of the pieces:





Most of these supplies are retired so I'm not going to list them all. If you have questions, just ask.

The idea for this came from a project I made for a crop I attended in January- I made giant lollipop flowers for a display and thought "wow! wouldn't these make a great banner?" The lollipops are easy enough to create- I cut various widths of 12" strips and accordion folded them at 1/2". After they were folded, I glued the ends together and flattened them out. I used a lot of chipboard for the embellishments. I covered them with ink, paper, glossy accents, and glitter. It was a lot of fun to make!

Anyways, if you haven't been to the other Artisan Award winner's blogs today, check them out. I'm sure you'll be inspired by each and every one of them!

Heather Van Duker
Elizabeth Price
Renee Ballard
Angela Timms
Jodie Olver
Becky Cowley
Andrea Munro
Richard Garay
Tessa Wise (you are here)

Hope you have a great day! I'll try to report back tomorrow about Forks and all the vampires we see... hee!

Thanks for stopping by!

-tessa

4 comments:

Brandi Wiggins-Côté said...

Ohhhhh, I'm a dork alright. Check this out, sistah: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1754938?&cat=500&ppuser=148467

I LOVE your 3D project, Tessa! Beautious! TFS! Have fun in Forks!

Hugs,
Brandi

Anonymous said...

OOO so cute!! Man girl-you know howda travel don't ya? Lucky girl. I love all your stuff-fun to read your blog-Take care Hugs/toodles-Angela

Angela Timms said...

Hey that above was ME! OOPS!

Kathy Martin said...

Very sweet banner! :)

 
site design by designer blogs