Saturday, January 10, 2009

A Coffee Drinking Monkey!

So, this card has been working its way around my head for awhile now. As soon as I saw the little mug from the Bitty Basics hostess set, I knew it was made for the Sock Monkey!! I used Kristina Werner's color challenge colors in this, too. I thought they were great this week so I had to give it a second try! Hee! Here is the card:



Goodies:
All products by Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Sock Monkey set, Bitty Basics set, Polka Dot background
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Ruby Red Classic Inks; Jet Black Staz On
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze, Pumpkin Pie card stock, Watercolor paper, Holiday Treasures DSP
Accessories: Old Olive wide grosgrain ribbon, Scallop Edge punch, Dimensionals, Liquid Applique

The sock monkey is watercolored on watercolor paper. I kept the card simple so that he would really take center stage! I added a little foam on his coffee with liquid applique. He makes me smile!

Thanks for stopping by today! I will be busy doing inventory at my favorite scrapbook store today and tomorrow but I hope you have a great weekend!!

-tessa

2 comments:

Susan (peebsmama) said...

You must really like this color combo to make a second card with it. This one is adorable and I like the choice of patterns.

Marilyn Goodrich said...

Is he drinking coffee or hot cocoa? I'm a hot chocolate fan so I'll imagine the wonderful smell wafting from his little cup! He's really cute and I love the liquid applique for the foam! :-)

 
site design by designer blogs