Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Love You Much

Good morning! I had the best night last night! We went to Ikea for dinner and some shopping and when I got home, my new Stampin' Up! catalogs were sitting at the door! Let me tell you- AWESOME! My list of wants is already super long! Hee! Then, I get in, get the girls to bed and finally sit down to check my email. Well, more good news! I finally sent a card in to Cards Magazine (after saying for about a year that I would) and it got picked up for their June issue! Hee! Pretty good evening, wouldn't you say!!

Anyways, with such good news about cards, I wanted to make something! I decided to play along with this month's WICKED color challenge. We had to use Cameo Coral, Blush Blossom, and Baja Blue. I used my new Love You much set to make this:



Goodies:
All products by Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Love You Much set
Ink: Basic Black, Baja Blue Classic inks
Paper: Baja Blue, Cameo Coral, Blush Blossom, Kraft card stock; watercolor paper
Accessories: Piercing tool, Scallop Edge punch, Kraft taffeta ribbon, White Signo gel pen, Aqua Writers, Dimensionals

I stamped the hearts onto watercolor paper and colored them in using my aqua writer. After they dried, I added white details to it with the gel pen. I also colored in my 'love' with the gel pen. All the stitching is faux, also with the pen! Hee! I think it may be a new favorite tool!!

Anyways, all you demos out there should get your SUO on and play along with the WICKED challenge at Splitcoast Stampers!!

Have a great day!

-tessa

6 comments:

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Such good news!!! I'm so happy for you! I know you're so excited!

Anonymous said...

Tessa,

I just came across your blog last week from Nancy Riley's weekly IPicks. I just loved your Tree of Hearts card. It was on my list to acquire, but after seeing your creation, I had to order it! Your "Love You Much" card is awesome! I like the color combinations. Everything I'm seeing on other sites is red/pink/chocolate. Your take on this has a soft and refreshing look!

Thanks for sharing your creations!

Pam B.

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Congrats on your card being selected. Great card with that set.

Kelly Taylor said...

Wow...this card is so great! Congrats on the publication! I checked your profile and saw that you know Cheryl Menders! I know her too...she lives near me here in Fredericksburg! Anyway, love your blog!

Anonymous said...

Tessa,

Congratulations on getting your card published! I want an autographed copy. At least that will be one less magazine to count next year. ROTFL!

Take care,
Kristen

The Paper Chic said...

That's great! I keep saying the same thing about sending in a card and now you have inspired me to!

 
site design by designer blogs