Thursday, January 8, 2009

Four Little Duckies

My cousin (and friend) Sara is having a baby any day now so I had to get going on a card for her! When I saw Kristina Werner's latest color challenge, I knew exactly what I wanted to do! Here is what she challenged us with (perfect for a baby boy, right!):



And here is the little card I came up with to congratulate Sara, her hubby Austin, and the new baby boy:



Goodies:
All products by Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Polka Dot background, set
Ink: Baja Breeze, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip Classic inks
Paper: Baja Breeze, Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive card stock
Accessories: Chocolate Chip wide grosgrain ribbon, Scallop Edge punch, Stamp-a-ma-jig


This card opens a little funky. The Baja background piece is 4 1/4 X 5 1/2". The White wraps around it so the "front" is really not that big... Does that make sense? Easier to see in person, I think. I just wanted to go for something different!

I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to stamp out the little birdies. I think that is the only other trick I used!

Anyways, just a quick post so I could enter into the Color Challenge!

-tessa

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute!! I might have to get that little ducky set! :)

Jenny said...

that is so cute! love it!

Unknown said...

Very cute!

Sherri said...

Those little birdies are so cute!

Kate's Life said...

Little duckies and polka dots! A definate winner for sure! Love it!

Kellie said...

Your card is just adorable!

Kim said...

Your not going to believe this... I was clicking on your card in the Splitcoast gallery and it wouldn't open up so I went to check my e-mail and saw a note about the comment you left on my blog. I clicked on your name and there was the card I was trying to check out in the gallery!!!!

Cute, cute, cute card. I'm off to check out the rest of your blog now.

Kim

Jennifer Kirk said...

Oh, how cute is that!? I just love those stamps!

Jenyfur said...

Adorable!

Paulina said...

Oooohhh! The ducks are so cute! You did a great job with this card- it definitely is perfect for a little boy!

Inspired Scrapper said...

Love those little duckies .. really cute card ;)

Sincerely, Jessica said...

this card is super cute, great job!

Michele Kovack said...

This is so sweet! I love the nontraditional colors too!

Tara said...

This is so cute... I love those little duckies!

Traveling Mama said...

So cute! Love those chickies!

Mary said...

Very cute! Love the birds!

emily said...

Seriously a very cute card! Love the birdies!

Leigh said...

What a cute card with those dear little birds.

Susan (peebsmama) said...

So adorable! And that color combo is just perfect for the theme.

Karen said...

What a great little boy baby card!

Anonymous said...

Too cute! Great card for the challenge!

Kellie Jupe said...

Very cute card, love it

Deanna said...

Totally cute!

Shelley said...

Very cute baby card, your cousin (friend, Sara) will love it!

Kierra said...

ADORABLE!

 
site design by designer blogs