Monday, March 30, 2009

Eastern Blooms Bouquet Card

Today's card was inspired by Kristina Werner's latest Color Inspiration Challenge! I have the best time participating in these! Here is what she challenged us with this week:



And, here is my card! I used the Eastern Blooms set to build a nice bunch of flowers:



Goodies:
All products by Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Eastern Blooms set, Full of Life set
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Tangerine Tango, So Saffron Classic inks
Paper: Whisper White, Tangerine Tango cardstock
Accessories: So Saffron wide grosgrain ribbon, Dimensionals, Piercing tool, Chocolate Chip Marker, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Crystal Effects

I hand cut all of the flowers after stamping a bunch of them on Whisper White cardstock. Next, I stamped the branch images onto the Whisper White Square and started to build my bouquet! I used pop dots to pop some of the flowers up. I also curled the edges of the flowers with a pencil to give it a softer look. After they were all placed, I stamped my sentiment and added Dazzling Diamonds using Crystal Effects. I added the ribbon and stuck it to the cardstock base, creating a 5.5" Square card!

Hope you are having a great day! I am expecting some new stamps in the mail from the new occasions mini catty so hopefully I'll have time to play this afternoon!!!

Thanks for stopping by!

-tessa

24 comments:

Nancy Riley said...

HOLY COW, TESSA!!!! I'm speechless! This is AMAZING in every single way! My favorite of all the color challenge entries! Over-the-top!

Mary Fish said...

Wow, I'm as speechless as Nancy. This is an absolutely phenomenal card. Makes we want to dust off my Eastern Blooms! Hugs, M

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful card!! I love how you used the branch/blooms image beneath all of the blooms you stamped and cut out. Fabulous job with the color challenge. I love it!!!

Winter said...

This is beautiful!! Everything about it is pretty! Great job!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card!

Unknown said...

Very cute!

Amanda Winkelman said...

Oh, my goodess! What an exciting card....and one of my favorite stamp sets to boot! Awesome job!

~kelly marie~ said...

Gorgeous!!!! Those cut out flowers are amazing! I love this card!

~kelly marie~ said...

Also, thank you so much for your comment on my blog! :) :)

Lynnette said...

WOW!! Amazing card. It's simply gorgeous. LOVE IT

Anonymous said...

WOW! I think we'll be seeing this on Kristina's round up for sure! It's absolutely stunning!

Kari said...

Gorgeous card! I love how you created the flowers!! Great job!

Kristin Moore said...

OMG, this is amazing! I've never been crazy about this stamp set.. but I never realized a card this stunning could come from it! Thanks for the inspiration- just lovely!!

Jessica Rosario said...

OMG!!!!! This is definitely one of my favorite cards from this challenge. I've never visited your blog and I must say it is definitely inspiring.
Blessings

Debbie said...

Just love these colors together. You are much better at cutting out the flowers than I am. The color challenges are a great idea to use other colors.

Patti MacLeith said...

So far yours is my favorite! I can't wait to make a card using this set like you did. Very nice. So glad you played!

Kristin Moore said...

Well I did it! You inspired me to get this set out! Thank you! http://sunshinesmilesstamps.blogspot.com/2009/03/diva-wednesday.html

Amy Reimer said...

This is great! I love the way you curled the popped up flowers. Very inspiring!

Anonymous said...

Wow and super wow!! This card is fantastic!

Cindy Major said...

Wow, this is absolutely gorgeous!!! My favorite card I've ever seen done with this stamp set! That just might be enough to make me get my dusty set out again!

Thanks for sharing!!!

Cindy

Shelley said...

Tessa, your card is really beautiful. You did an amazing job. Thanks for sharing it.

Unknown said...

Wow, I think I will have to CASE this. You have an awesome blog!

Kim W in NC said...

Wow!!! What an amazing way to showcase this stamp set. BeAuTiFuL card! Thanks so much for sharing!!

Jaenette said...

Cute card!! Wonderful material you have used for making this card!! Thanks for sharing!!

 
site design by designer blogs