Friday, March 20, 2009

Sock Monkey Makes Me Smile!

Making cards with the Sock Monkey set by Stampin' Up! always makes me smile! I made this card for a workshop I had last weekend at my friend Andrea's house- she's a fan of Sock Monkey, too! Here he is:



Goodies:
All products by Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Sock Monkey set
Ink: Jet Black Staz On; Creamy Caramel, So Saffron, Ruby Red, Baja Breeze, and Chocolate Chip classic inks
Paper: Baja Breeze, Confetti, Kraft, Riding Hood Red card stock; Sweet Slumber Specialty DSP
Accessories: So Saffron wide grosgrain ribbon, Scallop Edge punch, Round Tab punch, Aqua Painter, Dimensionals

Watercoloring this little guy is always fun and quick to watercolor! Because of his childlike nature, you don't have to make it perfect and I think the little imperfections make him even more charming! It is a great set to start out with, unless, of course, you are afraid of monkeys, which is a little more common then I thought! Hee!

Hope you all have a great weekend! I am planning some crop time tomorrow night so hopefully I'll have some cute cards to show you on Monday!

Thanks for stopping by!

-tessa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The colors of this card are fabulous - it makes me want to go use some of that DSP right now!! Great card - super cute and sweet!

Nancy Riley said...

I've got to admit that Sock Monkey is probably my least favorite stamp image EVER, but YOU have made it look spectacular with this great layout and color/paper choices! Well done!

AJ said...

You've sold me on this set! I wasn't sure if I should get it, but I think now I will!! Your card is gorgeous.

 
site design by designer blogs