Monday, March 9, 2009

Spring is in the air!

I am in the mood for spring! The sun has been shining here where I live so I've had the windows open letting the breeze blow in! Last night when I was stamping, I guess I was thinking spring, too. Here is what I created:



Goodies:
All products by Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Simple Friendship set; Hope Happens set; Polka Dot background
Ink: Regal Rose, Pink Pirouette, Close to Cocoa classic inks
Paper: Pink Pirouette, Whisper White, Baja Breeze card stock; Delicate Dots DSP
Accessories: Dazzling Diamonds, So Saffron wide grosgrain ribbon, Scallop Edge punch, Corner Rounder punch, Sponge Daubers

I added some Dazzling Diamonds to this little butterfly's wings. I love the sparkle it gives in the light! The colors are so spring-like and fresh... I added a little texture by tearing some of the edges, crumpling some of the pieces, and inking around the edges of the sentiment and background pieces. I also got out my sanding block and used it on the green DSP piece.

Hope the weather is nice where you are! I'll be spending the afternoon outside with my girls if I can help it! Hee!

Thanks for stopping by today!

-tessa

No comments:

 
site design by designer blogs