Saturday, March 21, 2009

A Scottie Dog with Flowers

Today I'm posting my submission to Kristina Werner's latest Color Inspiration Challenge! If you have time today, play along! I loved the colors this week:




I really wanted to use my new Man's Best Friend set by Stampin' Up! and had plans of stamping this little guy and making an argyle background for him. The argyles I tried just didn't work! So he got some flowers instead! My favorite part is that I got to use my pretty flocking by DoodleBug finally! Stampin' Up!'s Heat and Stick Powder worked like a charm... the best product that I have found with flocking so far! Here is the little card:



Goodies:
All products by Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.

Stamps: Man's Best Friend set; Eastern Blooms set; Polkadot background
Ink: Versamark; Basic Black, Riding Hood Red, Regal Rose Classic inks
Paper: Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink, Riding Hood Red, Basic Black, Bashful Blue, and Whisper White cardstock; Bashful Blue textured cardstock; Sweet Slumber Specialty DSP
Accessories: Clear embossing powder, White embossing powder, Dazzling Diamonds, Fire Circle Rhinestone Brads, Black Brads, Valet Ribbon Originals, Dimensionals, Pretty in Pink taffeta ribbon, Scallop Edge punch, Heat and Stick Powder, Crystal Effects; Flocking by DoodleBug

If you haven't used flocking before, it is very easy! I stamped my image in Versamark and then covered it with Heat and Stick powder. I heated it up and then shook some flocking onto it. After tapping the excess off, I heated it a second time to lock in the Flocking and that was it! Fuzziness completed! Hee! I'm going to try this with some Easter stamps I have, too! How cute would a fuzzy little Chickie be!

Hope you all have a great weekend! I'm off to my friend Dawnette's house tonight for some crop time. I've got a list of ideas I want to try so hopefully I'll have lots to share, soon!

Thanks for stopping by!

-tessa

12 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE it! Have to get that doggy set! LOVE your creation. TFS Diana

hollybeary creations said...

Super Cute!! Great Layout...

Randee E said...

Little flower behind his ear! So cute!

Nancy Riley said...

GREAT job with the color challenge! This card is just too cute!

Anonymous said...

Oh this is stinkin' cute!

Jen Caputo said...

so cute! love that scotty dog!!

Lindsay said...

hehehe, this stamp set makes me laugh... its aborable.
Great card!

Anonymous said...

This card is perfect in every way! I love the doggie and the flowers. The colors are just right. I love your work. TFS!

Unknown said...

Just gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

I love all the details! Gorgeous card :)

Winter said...

Very cute! Love the little dog and the sentiment!

Stacey Schafer said...

I got this set and loved it...but I have been procrastinating getting it mounted and inked up:) Thanks for the inspiration to get going on a puppy card!

 
site design by designer blogs